Thursday, May 7, 1992

8:30 pm

Allow me to whine a bit. I'm enjoying going into work every day, although I am getting a bit tired of the Communions and I'd rather be lazy and stay in bed or go to the beach. I'm frustrated by not understanding the language better. I keep getting phone calls at work and I can't understand what people are saying! I start to think that I should give up on the dream. But then I listen to the "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack and I get inspired. And I meet someone new -- in this case a Scottish friend of French Frank's -- and I bounce back again. I did really well with money in April. Only $800, including $100 at Expo. Gives me hope. May will be at least $1500, I'm sure, with Bob visiting and $400 rent. But I've earned almost $400 this past week. Cool! I hope Mitchell will pay me more than $10/hour for editing. We had talked of $20/hour, but I don't think he'll go for that much. At $15/hour it would be almost $500. Still nothing settled. Always up in the air. Always something to whine about. Like the lack of permanent friends here. I get so worried about the future! Can't I just enjoy the present? I booked my flight home. I'll be there June 17th. I wish I could've been back before school's out, but it's not possible. I need to find a place to live for July. And beyond. I haven't seen Yop or the Dutch girls in a while. I need to write Andre. It'll be nice having a phone (at work.) People can call me! I have a TV now -- everything's green, but I watched ABC News yesterday. Civilization! I think I need to work hard and earn a lot of money and then travel for a year. Yes! It must be done! It's truly what I enjoy. Oh! Yesterday, Mitchell told me about his idea of producing promo videos for travel agencies. Exactly my idea! And he has a friend in the business who wants to do it. Yes, I think I need to stay with this job. Just get through the bumpy times, Mike. Write down your thoughts and it will become clearer. This is where you belong right now.

No comments: