Saturday, July 18, 1992

4:15 am

I had such a good time tonight. But I must admit, I'm glad to be home in bed now. ¡Que sueño! Elisabeth yelled up to me at 11:00 pm and asked if I wanted to go out with her and other neighbors. I had been planning to go out, but I didn't know if I'd go to the gay disco or Donde or not. We went to a flamenco concert in El Palo. It was fantastic! I guess I'd have to compare it to American blues. Torch songs, really. Lots of emotion, and the audience really gets into it. Rafael, the friend of Kiko and Danny, was there, too. We talked all night. In fact, I spoke nothing but Spanish all night. How fantastic! Afterwards, we went to a small bar near here. A very nice night. I didn't spend any money, either! Tonight I felt I was really absorbing the Spanish culture. I think Elisabeth and I were the only guiries at the flamenco. Rafael's a nice guy. Maybe there's romance in the future. The really cute guy that lives next to Fernando was there, too. I thought he was British, but he's Spanish! Didn't seem gay tonight. At least now I can talk to him. The older woman above Annelies, Matilde, was there, too. We've always exchanged "holas" but never really talked before. This is a great neighborhood. I'm feeling so much better about "things" right now.

No comments: