Thursday, March 5, 1992

11:30 pm

It's becoming clearer to me what I have to do. I need to buy about $5000 worth of video equipment and "go for it." I'll start my own production business here. I can approach the language schools about publicity videos. I can hit the tourist industry during the summer. I can do weddings and parties. It can happen. But I need to take that first step. Investment. I should wait until I get the money from Dad's estate, but I could put it on credit cards, I suppose. I'm thinking maybe I should go back to Detroit in April to get the equipment. I could ship it to Alhambra -- shouldn't be a problem. Or I could ask Gary Ellis if he would do some of the leg work for me. I should have brought that Videomaker magazine! Hey, I could have Vicky bring one! She'll be here in 2 weeks. I may even go to Madrid to see her next weekend. That could work. That's not too long to wait. I need to make some phone calls. // We had our Salsa dance class tonight. I did so bad. I just can't get the steps down. I think I concentrate too hard. Or not hard enough. I just know I enjoy dancing with the male instructor more than dancing with Jeannet. I'm still having fits of "left-outedness." When Tim and Daniel are speaking German. When Tim and Andre talk about girls. I need to find my niche. // Nothing was decided when I met Abdel at Malaca Instituto Tuesday. The director was busy all afternoon. He showed me the tape that they have now. Actually, I thought it was very well done, except the audio sucks. I felt uncomfortable with him because I couldn't communicate well. I hate it! I want to just become fluent overnight! I'm looking forward to meeting new people when new classes begin on Monday. Oh, I forgot! We had everyone over last night for a paella dinner. Lorenzo and María José said only guiries would serve paella in the evening. But it was a lot of fun. We even invited our French neighbor, Frank. I will be sad to see Ronnie, Jorg and Mette leave. Jorg is so funny sometimes. Last night he came into my bedroom and asked if only I slept there. He wants to stay another week, but needs a place to stay. I wouldn't mind him sleeping with me, but I don't think that's what he meant. It's hard to say, though. I ran into Dirk twice this week, but we haven't really talked. I'd like to get to know him better. Andre and I have been spending a lot of time together. We watched the Barcelona - Dynamo Kiev football game yesterday.

No comments: