Sunday, October 18, 1992

4:00 pm

Estoy fatal. Went out to the gay bars in Torremolinos with Elisabeth, Danny and Kiko last night. I really enjoyed dancing. I do wish Fran would have come! But I had a good time for the most part until we went to another bar at 6:00 am after dancing. I was tired and bored there. We got home at 7:30 am. Then at 1:00 pm, Danny and I played tennis. Oof. Rafa just came up for a visit. He invited me to come down to Danny and Kiko's, but I really just feel like being alone today. I want to write to Gitta, Keith and Antonio. Tomorrow, I'm going to Córdoba or Granada.

I ended up going out Friday night -- at 1:30 am. Danced at Donde with Elisabeth and a strange German girl until 4:00 am. Pretty fun, Today, my legs are absolutely dead. It's an overcast day, so I'm not very motivated to go out. Yesterday was gorgeous. I took a walk to the port. It really is so nice. So much going on. Mucha marcha. I need to talk to Joel. Maybe he'll want to buy my bicycle. Maybe we could go somewhere together this week.


9:00 pm

And yet, more interesting news. Barb from BHSD called me tonight already asking for help! I'll do a session about Spain for "A Taste of Teaching" and she told me about a Model High School project that may involve extra time -- and extra money, of course. Hee, hee, hee. It's so nice to feel needed. But it seems there are a lot of power struggles going on and I need to be the voice of reason once again. Pretty interesting stuff. So maybe I'll stay on in a "producer" role for a while longer. Ugh. That means winter in Detroit, doesn't it? Much too early to think about that! But the fact that it's rainy and cold again makes me realize this might not be so much better.

No comments: